zondag 11 september 2016

Finished Scrap Vomit quilt for Noor

I was always intrigued by the name of this quilt pattern. It was a hit some years ago and I wanted to make one ever since. The first step is to collect as many different 2,5 inch squares as you can. The theory of this quilt is they can be pretty or ugly, you won't see that when te quilt is finished. The quilt is all about the overall effect and not the individual fabrics.

So I have spent many evenings going through my scraps and cutting them into squares. A good way to organise your scraps at the same time since every piece passes your hands. I made categories:
- bigger than 5 inch square (sorted bij color in bins),
- smaller than 2,5 inch in one big shoe box,
- all sizes of strips in a box for a strip project,
- triangles all together in a box
- and a scrap vomit preparation box with 2 1/2 inch squares.
I did this watching Downtown Abbey on my computer and these were very happy evenings for me. I have enough squares prepared to make at least one other scrap vomit quilt. I do love the frugalness of using every last bit of those coveted fabrics.

After that I cut the solid squares that make the pattern. I chose white and red and black for the fierceness of the contrast that suits my niece. My niece is a creative and sweet girl but underneath her soft and sweet appearance there is a bold and fierce and colorful girl. That is the girl I thought of when I was choosing the colors and making the quilt. Her favorite color being red I made that the central color in the quilt.


I made 12 7x7 scrap blocks and 12 blocks with the cross pattern. The quilt is meant for a single bed. It is quilted with a dogwood pattern. Half the quilt with multicolored thread. I needed another spool, which I didn't have, so I did the other half in a soft pink. I like the effect! I am not an accomplished free motion quilter but I think half of it is just daring to do it and do it often to steady your hands and technique. Dogwood quilting in squares does give you aim and a structure to quilt in. 


It is and bound with a buttery yellow stripe to soften up all the bold colors a bit. It is backed with some vintage fabric and a red flowered fabric I bought when I started quilting but never found a good use for because of the scale of the print.


This is a finish of some time ago, but I am giving the quilt to Noor today for her 11th birthday so it could not be revealed before. This is made especially for you, with love. Pin It

8 opmerkingen:

Linda zei

Beautiful work! :)

Xương Rồng zei

Xét nghiệm bệnh lây bệnh qua đường tình dục định kỳ là điều rất quan trọng để có thể nhận biết sớm khác thường diễn ra và đúng thời điểm điều trị. Nhất là đối tượng đã có giao hoan tình dục, các người có đa dạng về đối tác tình dục, sắp về chung một nhà, có hình thái bất thường ở vùng kín và cơ thể, mong muốn sinh đẻ. Bây giờ, việc làm xét nghiệm các bệnh xã hội không phức tạp và mất thời gian như một số người nghĩ. Như bệnh sùi mào gà
thì khám xét Pap và kiểm tra HPV, khám bệnh máu. bệnh lậu thì khám bệnh máu, nước giải và lấy dịch mủ ở niệu đạo và vùng kín để thăm khám… Thành thử, những bác sĩ khuyến cáo mọi người hãy bảo vệ sức khỏe của mình bằng cách thường xuyên thực thi chẩn đoán bệnh định kỳ tại một số chuyên khoa bác sĩ gần nhất.

Unknown zei

The regime of gaming overflows online.
Ruby888 Meet the regime of the game, overflowing luck online and enjoy all the fun. In order for a professional gambler to play games with the aim of playing the best online gambling games. You will be able to play games with ease.
Because we also have a way of playing the game of toss online are numerous, and all of it's playing games online bets on variety and all the sadistic So much so that a professional gambler games. Everybody has come to appreciate the best online games.
We also have a lot of online games overflow. In order to gamble every game you have been impressed with the online games have been very much and all the intentions of playing online games are abundant and full of all hope overwhelming. And we also have the prototype of playing online games with the most effective. IBCbet

Unknown zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Clipping Path zei

Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing with us.This is so useful.

Clipping Path Service zei

I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks for sharing.

David Millar zei


This is really so much needful for digital marketers.
clipping path service
Background Removal Service
raster to vector conversion service

harga cetak buku murah zei

The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin cetak buku murah wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :) cetak buku umroh haji

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...