woensdag 23 juli 2014

drunkards path - a first in curvey sewing

Sewing curves is a scary thing. Not only to me, but to lots of people it seems. But Lotje has set a challenge for us in the comfort circle to make a variation on the drunkards path block. Using low volumes and solid black. I made templates using a bowl and made the four parts of the block to big so I could cut them back to be more accurate. But there are lots of templates for sale I think, if you would make a whole quilt of it. Red pepper quilts has recently made a beauty with it. She also explains sewing the block without pins, which of course caught my eye immediately. It worked fine, so I could really recommend it. You can find the tutorial here.


Lotje told us we could very the size of the black dots. I am really curious how this will work out in a whole quilt! Good luck with it Lotje!

See you soon!Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...