woensdag 15 april 2015

Don't know much about history

But I do know that I love you
And I know that if you love me too
What a wonderful world this would be

But I am remaking this historical quilt made in the UK in 1718. I've told you about this quilt-along before here and here. I guess I am getting a little up to speed now and I have finished most of the February and March assignments. Though the first blocks are too small (I misunderstood the directions), I will figure out how to deal with this later. And I am in a wrestling match with one big applique block of the assignment and it is not done yet. That is mostly the reason I joined this quilt-along, I have never appliqued before and I want to learn. That is what I try to keep in mind when I want to throw the fleur the lys block out of the window. (LOL)

February blocks, the bottom ones are too small
 I am really finding out how I want to do this along the way. I love most of the blocks, but I am not a round or fussy person, so there are some blocks I do not love. Do I surprise or challenge myself, or follow my gut feeling and stick to my style? I decided no to decide what to do with that until we meet each block in the monthly assignment. For example I did make the Fleur the lys block (round), but not as fussy as was prescribed, simply using a 4 patch as background. In stead of the curved star I made a non curvy star.

march blocks part 1, in comes the green
I am also still figuring out how to go color wise. I started out with navy, light blue and peachy color scheme. I almost never plan out colors this strict in advance, so this felt to much like a cage. In the second month I decided to throw in some apple green to add some liveliness. I've decided to not decide how I will take this further too.

March blocks part 2, not so curved star

Just go with the flow and enjoy the process is my theme for this quilt. Let's find out what's in the april assignment on Sara Fielke's blog
See you soon!
Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...