maandag 5 mei 2014

ohio star - another baby finish

I've finished the ohio star baby quilt for lottte. I've shown you the top earlier, you can find it here. I've finished it with my favorite Ikea backing and a fuchsia pink gingham binding. It's quilted in white with an "orange peel" pattern. It needed some roundness. I used my walking foot to make it and it was really do-able and I am absolutely crazy about the result. Of course it's not perfect on the first try and since I do not mark the quilt before sewing. When I get the chance I will definitely use it again.

For the Ohio star top I've used a lovely tutorial from RedPepperQuilts. For the quilting I looked at lots of tutorials on the internet and then just tried. Just type in "orange peel quilting" and you will find one to your liking.







Quilt Stats: 
Name: Lotte's Ohio star
Pattern: Ohio star
Fabric front: Lots of
Fabric Back: Ikea
Binding: by hand in a fuchsia gingham
Quilting: By machine whith a white thread and an orange peel pattern using my walking foot.

See you soon!Pin It

1 opmerking:

Unknown zei

We zijn er echtsuperblij mee en
Lotte slaapt er heerlijk onder!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...