dinsdag 13 mei 2014

Double Dutch Quilt Along - strawberry fields forever

Being in the double dutch group has inspired me a lot. To be able to talk to people in real life about quilting and working on projects together is very fun and exciting. The round robins we have worked on together are becoming lovely quilts, both harmonious but still you can detect styles and personalities in them. And now we are off on a new adventure. We are doing a Quilt along for a random sampler. A random sampler is a collection of blocks you put randomly in a quilt, no neat rows, or planning ahead to much.

We worked an a charity random sampler together on our last meet. And puzzling all diferent blocks and pieces together randomly was enormously inspiring too. We have decided than and there that we would jump in and make one for ourselves. Will you join us?

It's really a commitment as big as you like. We will all post block instructions each month in our turn and we will use a flickr group you can join to communicate and show each other our blocks. You can make one block, five, none for that month, whatever you like to do.

Lotje has kicked of the quilt along in this post. And has posted the first block, you can find it here.
I've chosen a color scheme a little off my normal pallet. I love my red fabrics and I never seem to use them. And I am very much in love with a table cloth I used for inspiration. It will be red, all blues and turquoises, white and minty green.



I have made two tangram houses:


One with a tree in front of it and one in strawberry fields forever. That will be the name of this quilt!
Pleas join us! If you have questions, you know where to find me!

See you soon!Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...