zondag 17 mei 2015

Blogger's spring quilt festival 2015

I'm joining in the great online exhibition of quilts over on Amy's Creative Side: The Blogger's spring quilt festival 2015. A great opportunity to look at all kinds of lovely quilts and get some inspiration.



I've chosen the xxx baby quilt for my new niece Florine. She asked for a pink and aqua/greenish color scheme. The background is made of low volume fabrics using only white, off white and beige colors to make the x's pop out. 


I started out using only soft pinks, but added some more fuchsias and even some neon to make it more lively. I machine quilted it with some free style curves. In the quitting I als used soft pinks on one side and darker pink on the other half. 



It is backed with a pink alphabet flannel and some melody miller fabric (which is also made out of cross stitches and our last name happens to be bee in dutch) and hardbound with some solid light pink. 

I am entering this quilt in the category: Small quilts, you can find it here. I hope everyone is submitting their beautiful work and that you all browse around to admire our work. 

See you soon!
Pin It

4 opmerkingen:

audrey zei

I love this sweet little quilt! Really wonderful block placement and color use.:)

Jennie zei

This quilt is beautiful - so girly!

Donna~~ zei

Such yummy colors. Your darker, even neon, pinks really jazzed up the look. And I love your quilting--perfect touch!

Anoniem zei

Such a sweet quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...