donderdag 14 mei 2015

back in time again

I joined the 1718 coverlet quilt-along (more info here) mainly because I had never done hand-applique before and would like to try it. I also have a special place for history in a romantic way. I love to go back in time reading historical novels especially those situated in the UK. I have read almost every Tudor novel there is, for example. As I have told you before I am also a great "Outlander" fan. You can read more about that addiction here. This series is often found in the "science fiction" corner of amazon or the library. which I think is total nonsense. To me these are historical novels too. I especially love watching the TV series of it (which is now airing on the Belgian channel on Friday night) while doing some applique. I am still struggling with it a little, but I am getting the hang of it. Though I try, it is hard to keep up with the tempo of the quilt-along. But I do keep making progress. Let's do some pics.

These are the new hand appliqued blocks:




 
 
And these are machine pieced:
 

I love his design, but it didn't come together at once, I'll tell you that!

I made my own paperpiece pattern for this one!

4 blocks together


 
Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...