vrijdag 23 december 2011

Holliday!

I started my first workfree day by doing the last christmas grocery shopping, a few last presents and doing laundry, so when I pick up Morritz from school we will really be holiday ready! But now I have 5 minutes left to show you my first modern quilt bee swap block (button in side bar). I'm really nervous about my first swap! I have all these good and creative sewers in my bee! So after contemplating all kinds of blocks I decided to keep it simple to calm my nerves. I'm really glad I did, because I love the results of the first one. I used a wonderfull tutorial from Fresh lemons quilts for a greek cross. You should go see her blog, she makes beautiful things!


The first block I selected to make for the Summer Sampler Series is the Greek Cross, which can be found on Page 209 Block 1646c of Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia Of Pieced Quilt Patterns. According to The Quilted Cross by J Michelle Watts, “The Greek cross is one of the original forms used by Christians. Before Christianity, this cross was an emblem of the Greek goddess of crossroads, Hecate.”
(source: fresh lemon quilts)


One of my swap partners asked for cardinal red and coal grey on a white background. So I dug into the stash I bought with the gift certificates for my birthday. It's Amy Butlers new line "Lark" and somes Kona Solids in cardinal red, Coal grey and white. I really like the result.




Now I have to jump in the car and start the holliday with my big boy. Hope you all have fun with yours!


Eva-MariePin It

1 opmerking:

Leila zei

How beautiful!!! I love how it looks with the white corners. I a just finished stitching yours. I will post pictures as soon as I am able - probably not for a few days. :)

Have a Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...