maandag 22 oktober 2012

Happy birthday dear Morritz

My baby boy turned 6 yesterday. Of course there was some reliving the day(s) of his birth, there's no way of really getting those moments back, but images of it are burnt in to my memory. He had a nice party and was especially happy about his gifts, most of it Lego, he's a hardcore fan. I also finished the bagpack with the pattern from Made by Rae. I'm pretty happy with it, except it isn't as stiff as I'dd expected and really big! I did use a sturdy denim, but maybe next time I'll make the toddler version ore use some iron on sturdyness.

Mijn babytje werd 6 gister, geen baby meer dus. Echt groot! Natuurlijk heb ik weer dagen flashbacks gehad van de dagen rond zijn geboorte. Sommigen daarvan zijn echt ingebrand in mijn netvliezen, wat een wonder.
Het was een gezellig feestje en hij was vooral heel blij met zijn kado's. Hij kreeg van ons een step en verder vooral veel lego! Hij is een hardcore fan. Ik maakte ook zijn rugzak af naar het patroon van Made by Rae. Ik ben best trots op het resultaat. Hij is wel groter en wat slapper dan verwacht, ondanks dat ik een hele stijve jeans stof gebruikte. Misschien de volgende keer toch de peuterversie maken of verstevigen... Maar voor nu is hij prima!

My friend made him a cool Spiderman cake!

Homemade Bagpack!

Impressive huh?

This is his "I'm posing" smile

Blowing out the candles

With his best friends

The new genaration, my boys and both my sister's gals. 

I also finished the october block for the 99 "Follow the leader". It was do-able and I love the fabric choices plus the effect of the finished block. She asked us to put it together just a little differently than the original and I really do love the outcome. I have a list lying next to me I don't even dare to show you, cause it's so long I don't know where to start, so I'm going to start at the top, work my way down, and see where it leads!

Ik maakte ook mijn oktober blok voor "the 99" af. "Follow the leader". Het was te doen, ik vond de stofjes vooral in de combi erg leuk, zowiezo een leuk blok! Ze wilde een twist in het samenvoegen t.o.v. het originele patroon en dat vind ik wel heel leuk geworden!




Ik heb een lijst plannen naast me liggen, daar wordt je helemaal eng van. Ik ga dus maar gewoon bovenaan beginnen en zien waar het me brengt, dat is de enige manier om er door te komen!

Tot gauw!Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...