woensdag 1 mei 2013

I'm leaving on a jetplane

Don't know when I'll be back again! I finally finished the top for the do good stitches Care circle. I joined in january, but after two months there was a big shift in do good stitches to make the groups more "local". I'm now in the comfort circle with only european members. But I was quilter in the Care circle and in my month I asked for airplane blocks. (tutorial by badskirt). I asked everyone to approach the block and the instructions freely, make big planes, small planes, make them take off, do what you like with them, just let them be planes. So I got all kinds of lovely planes (mostly from australia!). I love the creaivity that everyone put in it. There's one with kite fabric, one with hot air balloons, one with clouds, etc. 

The last one arrived a few weeks ago. I didn't have much sewing time, this is excuse number one, but I had no idea how to put them together either. After lots of ideas, I decided I didn't want a traditional sampler lay out. So I bordered all the blocks and after that cut them up "wonky" to look like they are taking off or moving in the skies. The finished blocks became 14 inch square. I'm pretty happy with the result. It's really playfull and full of movement. It is of course meant for a little boy who needs a little comfort and a little cheerfullness.
After I finish it I will send it to Jopie's Dromenquilts. 



See you soon!Pin It

1 opmerking:

Carolien zei

Allemaal zo verschillend! Daar is vast iemand erg blij mee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...