zaterdag 18 januari 2014

Hexy and economy block update

In my first quarter goal post, (here), I promised update pictures. Since it wasn't so dark I made them last weekend!

I've been working on this scrappy hexagon quilt for about three years. I will need at least another three to finish it. But sometimes the beauty is in the making. I use scraps and 1 inch hexagons. You can find a tutorial on how to make them here. I usually make real progress on holidays when there is no sewing machine around. And of course watching my favorite series on the couch at night when I feel up to it. It measure about 1.20 meters square I think and it has at least a thousand hexagons in it!


I'm making another quilt with small(ish) blocks: economy blocks. You can find the tutorial here at one of my favorite blogs (redpepperquilts). A real hype has started around these block in the virtual quilting world. You can join on instagram #economyblockalong. In my month in the joining hands bee, I've asked my bee mates to help me make a start, because you need lots and lots of (5 inch) blocks to make a quilt! I have received lots of them from all the lovely ladies, but I still have some work to do.


Now I have to make a picture of the blocks I received from the creative quiltblock girls to show you. It's time for a design wall, isn't it?Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...